With 26,000 trained employees in 17 locations across Canada, we are Canada’s National Cleaning and Maintenance Company. From Vancouver to St. John’s, we maintain a diverse portfolio consisting of commercial, industrial, retail, recreational, educational and food manufacturing facilities.
The Senior ETL role entails the timely delivery of high-quality technical support services for internal clients within the company or external clients who are deemed to require technical support services. The successful candidate will require technical knowledge of the software, hardware, and services being supported. This position will be responsible for contributing to both the overall enterprise data architecture, and ETL design and development. The ideal candidate will use a collaborative and adaptable approach to drive consensus in design and BI technology alignment with our overall business requirements as identified by key stakeholders.
- Work with business analysts and team members to translate business requirements into a proposed solution, reviewing the design and requirements and build value added solutions
- Provide expertise in the development of data models, data warehouse design, ETL performance optimization and data quality
- Research issues and identify the root causes to ultimately work with your Business Analysts to test solutions, ensuring that all solutions perform to expectations and meet all requirements for accuracy, clarity and ease of use
- Partner with IT to manage, build and develop data warehouse ETL scripts. Hands on collaborative development of analytical systems, strategies and best practices, production ETL processes and database models
- Research issues and identify root cause of information issues and design a solution that will prevent the problem from re-occurring
- Analyze, design and introduce new opportunities and make appropriate recommendations to drive process improvements and productivity initiatives within the ETL function
- Support new data source acquisition to promote self-serve capabilities
- Improve ETL cycle time and standardize processes across the enterprise
- Contribute to the development predictive and data modeling frameworks in response to evolving business requirements
- Travel to field offices intermittently to work with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other internal IT staff as needed to maintain high service standards.
- Document all ETL operations, processes, and objects.
- Ensure leading practices and standards are followed.
- Project work as required.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Assist in regulatory and compliance activities and reports.
- Availability for occasional off-hours or weekend tasks.
- Required Education: College or University degree in Computer Science (or equivalent credits in management and Computer/Systems related)
- Excellent knowledge of data modeling techniques in relational, dimensional, unstructured, and big data (7+ years’ experience) – Required
- Senior ETL design and development experience (7+ years) – Required
- Talend Integration Studio (minimum 2 years’ experience) – Required
- RDBMS experience – MSSQL (5 years minimum) – Required
- Expert understanding of SQL concepts and ability to complex queries – Required
- End to End Data warehouse implementation experience – Required
- Python & Java development experience – Preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence / Analytic tools (Cognos, PowerBI) – Preferred
- Experience with enterprise application architecture and enterprise integration patterns
- Ability to implement re-usable data-integration/ETL code in an enterprise data-warehouse environment
- Perform complex applications programming activities. Code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify complex applications program
- Examine and solve the performance bottlenecks in the ETL processes
- Demonstrate good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are required
- Ability to analyze and document business and system processes is required
- Ability to multitask and handle ambiguity is required
- Ability to take charge and lead tasks to completion is required
- Ability to work in a cross-functional organization and Ability to work in a team environment is required
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills is required
- Travel Requirements – Infrequent travel 15% related to the job
- Physical Environment – Little to no exposure to disagreeable elements
- Physical Demand – Almost all activities are of low physical intensity
- Mental Effort – Moderate intensity
Must be able to pass a Government of Canada Clearance.
GDI Services (Canada) LP is committed to accommodating applicant’s with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify GDI Services (Canada) LP if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation GDI Services (Canada) LP will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.