With 26,000 trained employees in 17 locations across Canada, we are Canada’s National Cleaning and Maintenance Company. From Vancouver to St. John’s, we maintain a diverse portfolio consisting of commercial, industrial, retail, recreational, educational and food manufacturing facilities.
GDI is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our Vancouver team!
This individual must have a strong financial background, you understand all things payroll, taxes and corporate accounting. You are accurate and results-oriented with excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills. You work effectively with employees at all levels and across various departments throughout the company. You are interested in a long term career with the opportunity to learn and grow within the company, not just a job.
The tasks of the job are as follows:
- Review accuracy of invoices prior to submission by performing various checks.
- Coordinates research and analysis activities related to invoicing as required.
- Participate in process improvement efforts, including system improvements, as needed to streamline the project accounting function.
- Enter all coded and approved invoices into accounting software
- Prepare payment batches to vendors
- Receive, date and distribute invoices to the correct department for approval
- Process employee expense reports and check requests
- Analyze expense accounts for proper coding at month end
- Prepare AP month end accruals
- Support manager and other team members as needed
- Review vendor statements to verify all invoices are accounted for and paid within vendor terms
- Assure AP month-end closing cut off dates are accurate, and that all payables are booked in proper period
- Negotiate payment plans/arrangements to benefit the customer and the company. Assist customers in finding a resolution
- Maintain quality and accuracy for compliance.
- Ensure all customer information is correct, including phone numbers and addresses.
- Manage and validate data inputs from widely distributed operations into accounting and operational functions
- Monitor and analyze daily and weekly accounting processes and workflows
- Maintain and balance general ledger and trial balance by preparing journal entries and performing accurate and timely reconciliation of key accounts
- Assist with all aspects of the monthly, quarterly and yearly close process including coordination and collection of data from external sources
- Preparation of multiple supplemental reports at period end
- Assist with month-end analysis, quarterly and annual financial audits
- Assist with accounting related projects including software implementations and workflow audit
- Monitor internal control procedures and ensure segregation of duties within company.
- Work along with outside human resource partners to provide support regarding payroll, benefits.
- Maintain bank deposits
- Month and end-year process
- Revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- Fixed asset management
Please respond with your resume and cover letter to apply for this position.
Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check.
GDI Services (Canada) LP is committed to accommodating applicant’s with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify GDI Services (Canada) LP if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation GDI Services (Canada) LP will work with you to determine how to meet your needs