Accepting applications until May 31, 2017.
Reporting to the Finance Vice-President, Québec the incumbent is in charge of all payroll administrative activities for approximately 5,000 unionized, non-unionized and office employees. As a specialist, the Payroll Manager must maintain his legal knowledge in order to ensure compliance with the applicable Law and must communicate any changes to the staff concerned. The incumbent is working closely with the Human Resources department and Operations, and is also in charge of the Payroll technician team management.
- Payroll processing within prescribed deadlines, in accordance with applicable rules and laws, and collective agreements.
- Develop and issue reports/audit tools to ensure payroll accuracy and internal controls monitoring.
- Identify any internal problems and/or opportunities for improvement of payroll process, analyze and implement solutions in cooperation with the Human Resources team, Operations, or any other concerned party.
- Ensure master files updates throughout database systems.
- Responsible for planning and carrying out the year-end payroll process (T4, Relevé 1,etc.).
- Ensure quality service to internal clients.
- Handle and reply to external auditors and government authority’s questions or requests regarding Payroll activities.
Skills and Training Requirements
The ideal candidate would be someone with strong management skills in end-to-end payroll functionality, as well as the following qualifications and skills:
- More than 10 years of experience, including 5 years as Manager of a team of 10to 15 employees
- CPA certified
- Acute sense of confidentiality
- Great communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent ability to plan and organize Payroll activities
- Highly autonomous and very good judgment
- Thorough knowledge of the Québec Compensation legislation
The salary to be offered under this position depends on the selected candidate’s professional
experience. In addition to the competitive compensation, GDI offers an annual
bonus, exceptional benefits, a continuing learning program and an amazing array
of career development opportunities within a very successful pan-Canadian organization.